Compare these categories for your best combination of songs.
1. Top First Dance Songs
2. More First Dance Songs
3. Top Wedding Dance Party Songs
4. Top Wedding Farewell Songs
Looking for the perfect song for your wedding? Here's help for the challenge. Remember – you're building memories here. Start with this list of the most popular wedding songs.
Looking for catholic wedding songs?
Or are country wedding songs more to your liking?
Choosing a song to use for the bride and groom's first dance is an important task. You'll want to make sure that the music you pick suits both of your interests and style. One source says that the most popular first dance songs being used are:
1. Heaven – Bryan Adams
2. Unchained Melody – The Righteous Brothers
3. Forever – Kiss
4. Love Me Tender – Elvis Presley
5. I Can't Help Falling in Love with You – Elvis Presley
6. When You Say Nothing at All – Ronan Keating
7. From This Moment – Shania Twain and Bryan White
8. Just the Way You Are – Billy Joel
9. You Made Me Love You – Al Jolson
10. Don't Know Much - Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Nevil
More First Dance Songs - Another source features a different list for that all important first dance:
1. Amazed - Lonestar
2. Angel Eyes - Jeff Healey Band
3. Can You Feel the Love Tonight - Elton John
4. Can't Help Falling in Love - Elvis Presley
5. Cherish - Kool and the Gang
6. Could I have this Dance - Ann Murray
7. Dance Me to the End of Love - Leonard Cohen
8. Don't Know Much - Linda Ronstadt & Aaron Nevil
9. Dream Come True - Frozen Ghost
10. Endless Love - Lionel Richie and Diana Ross
Top 10 Wedding Songs for Your Dance Party
Besides having the perfect song for the bride and groom, you'll want to have an appropriate song for the wedding party dance. You can choose something that is fast and fun or slow and romantic, depending on your taste and wedding style. Here are ten of the top wedding dance party songs.
1. YMCA – Village People
2. We are Family – Sister Sledge
3. Be With You – Enrique Iglesias
4. Celebration – Kool and the Gang
5. That's What Friends are For – Dionne Warwick
6. You've Got a Friend in Me – Randy Newman
7. Respect – Aretha Franklin
8. Rhythm Divine – Enrique Iglesias
9. There You Go – Pink
10. All My Life – KC and Jojo
And to end the reception
Here are the top 10 wedding songs to bid your guests farewell at the end of the reception:
1. Last Dance - Donna Summers
2. Time of Your Life - Green Day
3. Wonderful Tonight - David Kersh
4. Save the Best for Last - Vanessa Williams
5. From This Moment On - Shania Twain
6. Goodnight, Sweetheart - David Kersh
7. I've Had The Time of My Life - Bill Medly & Jennifer Warnes
8. Closing Time - Semisonic
9. Could I Have This Dance - Anne Murray
10. Never Let You Go - Third Eye Blind
Planning ahead will make the day go much more smoothly. This includes music. Meet with soloists and instrument players in several weeks in advance.
If you are having a ceremony with music, be sure to pick out appropriate songs well ahead of time. If you plan on having a wedding theme, you might want to match the music played with the theme of your choice.
If you are having a DJ at the wedding, make sure to go over your top 10 wedding songs and the play lists with him or her. For live bands, also meet before the big day in order to discuss the songs they will play.
|Both bride and groom should meet with wedding musicians ahead of time. This affords an opportunity to offer input on the music style. Having songs that fit the tastes of both the bride and groom is not something to overlook.|
These lists of top 10 wedding songs are only a few of the choices available. While they are popular, they may or may not be right for your wedding. Listen carefully before deciding.
Make sure that the lyrics reflect your personality and style. Then when the time comes – have fun.
Do you have a great story about this? Share it!